Academy spoken lessons, like the sample below, are password free. You can watch the academy lessons without signing on, so anyone can learn for free. You only need passwords when you want to open books and videos or worksheets (see below).
Here is how:
1. From the home page, choose your subject (Geography/History/Science/Religion)
2. Choose your topic (e.g. Tudors)
3. On the screen that opens click the Academy icon
4. Click Lesson 1, and watch the video FULL SCREEN
Watch the lesson more than once, until you understand everything!
Then choose lesson 2 etc
If you are working on your own or at home and have membership, you can watch all of the videos and open all of the books to get a rich experience. Here is how to proceed:
1. Choose a topic you would like to study, say Geography, coast. The topic page will open.
Lots of things will be displayed. Don't worry. Just stay at the top.
2. Open up the main book on the top left of the topic screen.
It is often easier to get to grips with a subject by watching videos. Play the videos in the book. Each one is part of the topic course. Don't worry about reading the whole book yet, but just look at the page heading and connect page heading and video in your mind.
If you didn't understand everything about a video, play it again.
3. Close the book (close the tab or window).
Now click on the Academy Lessons picture on the top right of the topic screen. When it opens, click on Lesson 1.
Play the introduction video lesson, which is given by an expert teacher. That will tell you what the first part of the book is trying to teach. Connect this in your mind with the page headings as before.
4. Have a go at the worksheet. To answer these questions you may need to read the pages of the book, but by now you will already have a sense of what the topic is all about, so reading should be easy.
5. Then move on to Lesson 2 etc. Take your time.
Here is what a typical academy video is like: